Let's start with the bad:
- Couldn't sell house for what it was worth and it took far too long.
- Spent August 2008 - April 2009 apart from Ghost Hunk.
- Moved away from a home I loved to a cultural desert
- Still no book contract
- Best friend's mom died
- My Mom died
- We won't even talk about the Estate...
What about the ugly:
- Lost a lot of furniture in the move, (which was 2 days of driving in the pounding rain)
- Caught a horrible respiratory infection while running the Pocono Retreat
- Dealt with horrid relatives at the funeral and beyond
- Had some wicked RA flares
- Came home from Indiana with the freakin' Swine Flu
- Discovered my YA is really a better MG...not sure how to feel about that one.
Okay, let's have some GOOD stuff:
- Sold the house and reunited with Ghost Hunk
- Stayed with a wonderful writer, Joyce Moyer Hostetter, on our way to GA
- Had a FABULOUS Pocono Mountain Retreat
- Met even more awesome kidlit writers
- Put some kick-ass revision on my YA-turned-MG with my awesome agent
- Watched both ghost kids blossom in their new school
- Saw Ghost Hunk's book come out in paperback
- Got my own writing office (finally!)
- Learned to play golf again, and love sneaking out to the course with Ghost Hunk while the kids are at school.
- Got my first article in print in the Nov/Dec Cricket Magazine
- I'm still writing...
So now it's on to 2010. Predictions? Okay, let's play:
- My stunningly spooky MG will be sold before March
- I'll finish my brilliantly creepy and exciting YA (which will be genuinely YA)
- We'll find a wonderful place to live that will still have a writing office for me.
- We'll have another amazing Pocono Mountain Retreat
- My kids will grow and flourish
- Ghost Hunk will do brilliant work at ASU
- Dear friends will never be far from my heart
- And Danté the dog will learn to quit tugging at my clothes.