Thursday, June 19, 2008

OOOO! The Ax Has Been Stayed Just a bit Longer!

Yes, it's true. I got an email yesterday--and it wasn't a rejection! It was a congratulations-on-making-it-to-the-final-round-and-could-you-please-do-some-revisions email! This little gem concerns my very first novel, which inspired the name of this blog (the title of the book will be revealed later). The editor's comments were dead-on, and I really hope she'll give me a chance to work on it with her. I've done the revisions already and just have to clean up that nasty synopsis (bane of my existence!).

As for book #2--still waiting. In the meantime, I've sent it in for the Rutgers One-on-One Plus scholarship. Hey, gotta keep getting it out there, right? Something is going to break soon. It's got to!

4:45 pm--Update! I just sent the revisions and synopsis off to BTP. Back to holding my breath. Man! I'm getting dizzy...

5 comments:

  1. I saw your message on Verla's. Congratulations on making it to the final round, Mary Ann. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting!!! Sending good vibes your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two things:

    1). WOOHOO! GOOD LUCK!

    2.) I missed your post on the bb .. I'm off to find it now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! That is such exciting news. And however it pans out, you'll have a much stronger excerpt to shop around (this is what I'm telling myself now, in the same boat of excitement and gulping nervousness.) Hooray for you!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to spammers, this blog is moderated, so don't be alarmed if your comment doesn't appear right away. Thanks for stopping by!